Friday, September 14, 2007

A Little Needy..

Ryder has been offered an opening at Goddard. What sets Goddard apart is that it is not only a day care center, but a school. A school with a curriculum for every aged child, in every age appropriate room. I thought he'd be wait listed for a while, but they finally called today, and said that there is now a space for him. Do I want it? Yes and no. Am I ready for him to go to day care M-W-F? Sort of. But I'm being that crazy, over-protective mama that I never thought I'd be. Jesus. I just gotta let go, and let my baby boy grow up, and socialize.

The funny part is, is that when the opportunities come knocking, they really come. Right before the phone call from Goddard we met with a nanny. A wonderful, sweet nanny who also has an 18 month old son. She's been a nanny for 5 years, and is a nurse tech on the weekends. She's got CPR, and great references, and her son and Ryder really hit it off. Now the question is, what to do?

We're leaning towards Goddard. We absolutely without a doubt know that it's safe. There's just no question in that at all. With a nanny, you just never know..and you never know about her friends, or her husband's friends...blah blah. We have the weekend to think it over. This whole child care search process has been nuts.

I think I just need a hug. A little needy perhaps? And I wonder where my son gets it from. Or maybe its post-vacation depression.

AND, they found another aneurysm in Dad. =(. It's only 4 cms, and it's below the liver...at 5 cms they'll operate and get rid of it. Dad is bummed, mostly because he can't go back to work. He's so bored, and he doesn't know what to do with his time. You would think it'd be a no brainer, you know- enjoy your days, go fishing, relax, etc...but its just not in him. He's been out of work for four months now, and he feels so useless. Poor dad. He came over yesterday and weeded our entire back yard. Love him so much, and I just want him to be well. One day at a time.

I've been thinking about the Baby Zoo Project too. I think I'm just going to post all the pics here, with the label "Baby Zoo". I was going to wait to start another separate blog, but I think I might not be able to keep up. Plus, I just have so many pictures that I want to share now. Look for them soon.

I feel like Eyore, and I feel like I lost my tail.

7 comments:

sassypants said...

I like the analogy "I feel like Eorye, and I feel like I lost my tail." :(

One Little Seedling said...

Eorye wasn't even happy when he had his tail... but anyhoo...

Just stick with this one blog until you figure it out.

I hope your dad feels better.

This post was like your mind fell out and smacked the keyboard so my comment will be the same.

I'm also working my way backward.

Go with Goddard. I still hold dear the moments I had in Kindergarden. Granted he won't remember these moments, but it'll be good for his well being and help him come into his own. Have faith in your son. Leave the door open. Not only for him but for you. I believe it will be much more rewarding in the future if you start now. But what di I know? You'll figure it out. It's your world and your own rules. Just have in the love that you supply.

One Little Seedling said...

I meant "have faith in the love that you supply".

Braving the Arirang said...

I agree with seed. You need to have faith in yourself as a parent - that the love that you have given Ryder will give him whatever he needs to grow in the future. Plus the social interaction he'll gain from Goddard will be a nice intro for the rest of his school days.

You and the freakishly tall husband are some of the best parents I know, not to mention one of the few best people I know.

Hope everything with your Dad works out, too.

Braving the Arirang said...

I meant "two of the few best people"... I was thinking of you and the tall husband as a group of one.

Love you guys!

irishflipper said...

i agree with the seed but i think he meant to say "have faith in the love of air supply"

One Little Seedling said...

Yeah... What irishflipper said.