Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally Back From Hawaii...

I feel as though we're finally settled back into the "home" swing of things. We got back from Hawaii last week, and I feel like it has literally taken me and my family this long to recuperate. My husband and I have been sleeping in as late was we can, while Ryder pretty much has been getting up early- and doesn't give two crackers about what we think of that.

The Hawaii trip has been nuts, and only now do I have the energy to blog about it. I've seen most of our traveling buddies since we got back, and the resounding comment about our vacation has been the same: "Jet lag sucks, and what the hell happened?". Here are some highlights (or lowlights) of our pacific invasion...

1. Baby Einstein saving our asses for the plane ride to the Aloha state.
2. GD believing she lost her wallet seconds before she boards the plane out of Baltimore.
3. Sadly, GD having a miscarriage on her first day in the Aloha state.
4. GD ready to drink to oblivion, and party like the rock star that she is! She rocks!
5. Wanting to sleep at 7 in the evening. Every night.
6. Getting up at 4 am. Every morning.
7. Eggs, eggs and more eggs.
8. The sunset, the perfect moment with friends and family.
9. "Over the Rainbow" by Iz plays on the radio- cliche' but who cares? The words ring true.
10. Nausea, nausea and more nausea.
11. Puking, puking and more puking. AK, Chief Sherpa and myself. Puking. Why? Unknown.
12. VV goes into the hospital because she's bleeding. Jesus. It's all good. She too, is a rock star.
13. Two words. Tita Mina.
14. Me crying as I turned the corner of Walina, where my old apartment used to be.
15. PT making fun of me.
16. Ryder hating the beach.
17. Ryder loving the beach.
18. CW and his nightmares after sleeping in the sun. Wait- after baking in the sun, while asleep.
19. MA eating. And eating. And eating.
20. AK throwing up ALL THE WAY HOME.

That just about does it. It is good to be home, now that we're settled. Would I do it again? YES! But I needed a break from being tired, and nauseous, and just exhausted...who knew that it would take so much out of me? I'm just getting old.

Ryder is certainly back in the saddle again, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how you feel being in that time zone AND with wydew waking up at the buttcrack of dawn. It took us at least a week to relax and settle in (though my parents were also here). Who knew a "relaxing" vacation could be so exhausting?!?! I feel like I need a vacation just to get over Hawaii. Though I wouldn't trade it for the world .. it was wonderful .. perfect even. Miss u, T !

-P

Anonymous said...

p.s. totally unrelated, but what the hell is going on with britney ? i know i usually spew disdain for her, but i think i'm beginning to feel just very sorry for her .. how did she become so lost ?

-p