Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm Still Her Biggest Fan

I know I'm gonna get a lot of backlash for this one, but I still love Britney.

Many of you know that I've been Britney's number 1 fan since I don't know when. Since as long as I can remember, really. I still have my Britney refrigerator magnet that M gave me so long ago, and I still have my Britney flashlight. And I still listen to her tunes and sing them out loud in the car (and I never said she was a good singer. She's a good performer).

Most of my gals have been asking me what I think about Britney's new hair cut. Well, actually not asking me what I think, but telling me that Britney has lost it, she's gone, she's whacko. Sure, I've heard it all before...for the past two years maybe? Regardless of what anyone ever said, I still stood (and stand) behind Brit. I believe there is some good in her still, and I believe that she has a lot more to share with us (good or bad)!

What I think is really shitty, however, is the way the media is tossing this up to be her "great meltdown". Shaving her head, and getting two tattoos immediately afterwards is a "great meltdown"? Leave the bitch alone, for the love of god!! Sure, some actresses have shaved their heads in the past, and sure, it's all been for roles that they were going for (Demi Moore, Natalie Portman)...but there are many others out there I'm SURE that have shaved their heads for no good reason. Some might say that its a cleansing, some might say its a new beginning. Still others might say that she's lost all of her marbles and is going off of the deep end. Point is, do we really know why she did it? Nope. She could have cancer, for all we really know.

She's been in the media (negative media) since she got married for a whole 14 hours to her childhood friend. And then she married Fed Ex and well..we all know the rest. Let's not even talk about Chaotic. There was no excuse for that one. Baby slip ups (and that just sucks for her because of the attention- I mean, I know I'm not the best mom) that are scrutinized under magnifying glasses, and commando shots that just didn't make any sense (now come on..we've all gone commando at some point in our lives...we just didn't have to climb up into a Hummer that was 5 feet off of the ground, and if we DID, we certainly aren't that cool to have 50 cameras around us). Walking barefoot into public gas station bathrooms? Yeah, unbelievably nasty. But I've pissed on a subway train- how about you? I had to do it, I had to go. Maybe she did too. Point is, do we know? Nope.

I think the reason why I'm just really starting to get mad defensive for her is because I'm really starting to see what the media might actually end up doing to her. And the media is only acting in response to what the public wants. Its almost as if the public WANTS her to fuck up. WHY? They're seeking it, they're tracking it, they're smelling it. In the wake of Anna Nicole's media circus, with the million dollar ticket (Anna's BABY girl- fucking ridiculous- the baby girl has no mommy), and where to bury her remains, and what she was doing in the last hours before her death, was she taking methadone, blah blah blah... well, I'm scared that something might happen to Britney...just like that. What if she DID lose it? I certainly would be sad.

I suppose my point is just this: I still love Britney for what she was (HOT), what she is (CRAZY, ABSOLUTELY NUTS like most of my friends I know, just tryin' to be, dude), and what she still might be (if we let her). That is, if all goes well. If all doesn't go well, I for one will be very saddened, and I won't be cheering and laughing if she really does fall.

For now, she's shaved her head. What-evaz. Just leave the girl alone.

6 comments:

Braving the Arirang said...

Amen TL!! Besides, I am sure Sinead O'Connor had no "real" justified reason (except for some shock value and whatnot) to shave her head and then scream her radical political & religious views on SNL. I totally agree with you. If she was someone out of the spotlight - no one would care. It'd just be some girl who decided to live her life the way she wants to (as crazy as the choices seem to be).

I was completely appalled to wake up Saturday morning and hear "Next on Channel 13...another dead body found in Baltimore City last night leads to detectives seeking foul play...but FIRST!! Britney Spears ---BALD?!" ....I mean c'mon, people are dying and some poor person's family was missing them, or someone had really suffered and all the media cares about it is Britney's trip to the barber shop. Sad.

irishflipper said...

getting a wee bit defensive ladies?

while I certainly do not hope for her to fall apart- there are children involved- why justify her actions?

I'm not talking about shaving her head or going commando. I'm talking about getting faced and puking in clubs and checking into and out of rehab like it's a hotel.

Who's watching her kids then?

Where the hell are her friends and family? She's look like a lost child.

Blue Ryder said...

I just figured out who you are- you irish flipper, you!! I should really call you "POKER STAR"!!!

I'm definately not trying to justify any of her actions, only because- we don't know a thing. We really don't. We don't know where her kids are, we don't know where her friends and family are, and we don't know why she's doing the things she's doing. If we don't really know (besides the horse shit that the media is feeding us), who are we to make judgements?

And "green midget".... GOOD ONE! Way to throw me off!!!

onocoffee said...

One thing to remember is that the media is there to generate greater viewer/readership so they can charge more for advertising and create greater revenue/profits.

No one would pay attention if Britney were a great mom who stayed at home and found a loving husband (how much do you hear about J-Lo now that she's found Marc Anthony?). But a Brit that goes around exposing her bald hair and bald pussy while cavorting and passing out all over the world while her child is somewhere else?? Well, that sells papers and increases click-through rates,

I don't hold these celebrities as deities like most people. I've worked too closely with them in my past and, honestly, I feel sorry for them. In fact, I wouldn't wish celebrity upon my worst enemies (okay, maybe on some of them). Celebrities are some of the most needy people I've ever met and their sad because they know the public love they thrive on is fake and will diminish and evaporate over time.

One Little Seedling said...

The Media is what she used to make her. It's the same machine that will brake her. You play the game get ready to deal with the consequences.

I can't believe I commented on this. I really didn't want to waste my breath. I really don't know what the big deal is. She's just another damn celebrity.

On other news: The Irish Flipper has been demasked!!! That sucks I was hoping to be the only one who new the identity of Mysteriouso number 2.

One Little Seedling said...

My spelling is atrocious. I need to spell check.