Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dancing

It's nonsense to me that on Monday, June 11 (the date has been pushed back yet another week), that my dad's heart will stop beating for no less than an hour, and no more than 4. I find it hard to believe. It scares me. It scares me so much I can't even google the words "heart/lung machine".

My dad's heart will stop beating.

Weird. Brings on an ache in my throat and some tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

We met with Dad's cardiothoracic surgeon today. Great guy. What's funny is that he plays tennis with my freakishly tall husband's dad. What a small world. Does this mean that he'll take good care of my dad? Since he's friends with my in-laws? I hope so.

Then more news. In addition to his faulty aortic valve, my dad has an aneurysm in his aorta, and a blocked coronary artery. Surgery is going to be much more difficult than we had previously thought. I held it together for my parents when I was there, but on my way home from dropping them off at home, I teared enough that I had to take my sunglasses off, and wipe the frames off with the corner of my shirt. Of course, RadioHead blasting on my Ipod did not help.

Because all my dad wanted to know was when he would be able to dance again. Over and over again..."when I dancing??".......

He's going to be fine..he's going to be fine...he's going to be fine...he's going to be fine...he's going to be fine...

1 comments:

Braving the Arirang said...

You're so right, TL. Your Dad is going to be perfectly alright.

I'm sorry to hear all the troubling news and the extra added concerns with his upcoming surgery, but I am more than confident (not just because I have been keeping you, your family, and your parents in my thoughts and prayers constantly) that he will have a successful surgery and amazing recovery.

I know he'll be dancing in no time.