Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stress

So, I've gotten myself a beautiful, large, nasty-ass- looking cold sore on my lip. Ahhhh the wonders of stress. Typically I get them because I didn't put enough sun block on (SPF 50) my lips when I lay out in the sun, and I've been very proud of myself because I thought that- once and for all- I've BEATEN them. But....no. There's one other thing that causes a cold sore to rear its ugly head...and that's stress.

Hmmmmmm...what in the world could I be stressed about???

7. Well, my miscarriage. Exactly 4 weeks ago today, I lost a little 5 month old being. But, did I have time to greive? Well, no- not exactly.

6. A week after my miscarriage, my dad goes into the early stages of heart failure because he's got aortic valve regurgitation. Basically his valve in his aorta is causing alot of backwash into his lungs, causing his left ventricle to work even that much harder- you know, the basic stuff.

5. My mom suddenly decides she doesn't know how to speak English, and I've been deemed "the spokesperson" for my dad and her. She won't even ask the nurse upon discharge if dad can drive. She asks me in Chinese, to ask the nurse. She knows she knows how to say, "can he drive?" in english. Speaking of drive, I've been driving them everywhere, because- my mom suddenly forgot how to drive as well.

4. The "makin-my-dad-crazy-anxious-and-so-then-I'm-anxious" pre-op schedule that we have set up for my dad: This thursday, at 4pm, meet the cardiologist. Next thursday, at 9:30 am, we go in for lab draws, and the following Monday, June 4th, dun dun da dahhhhhh- for open heart surgery. Can't work on those days (I usually work on Tuesdays and Thursdays)......and we need the money because....

3. Our refridgerator broke! We already bought a king size bed for ourselves three weeks ago. A new fridge out of the blue is not fun- whoops- we're out another $800 bucks!!!

2. A REALLY bad book (see previous post).

And the NUMBER one reason for my stress- hence- cold sore????

1. THIS.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw T .. I feel your pain. I'm sorry for all the stress you've had to and are enduring. Wish I could be there for you. But even though I can't be there physically, you know I'm here for you in every other way possible. We need to touch base .. I need to hear your voice .. call you tomorrow.

luv,
p

p.s. got sucked into the crackedout world of japanese spinning lady bugs .. 2 words .. GAME CLEAR !

One Little Seedling said...

The key is to just let your mind free and daze out into the center circle. You'll be able to clear it in no time. Ahh who new that this bug game could actually be the key to a better life?

onocoffee said...

Don't worry. Life will get worse...

In the meantime, if you haven't bought a new fridge, I've got a lowboy reefer that you can borrow so you don't have to spend the money right away.

Blue Ryder said...

Did you say reefer?