Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why Doesn't Anyone Ever Listen to Me?

So, my freakishly tall husband may have to go to Spain for work. He went earlier this year for a conference, and now he may go back again for a week after Thanksgiving.

"How long was I there before?"

"You were only there from Sunday night to Friday. Not long at all. I TOTALLY remember because I was counting the days til you got home. I couldn't wait to tell you I was pregnant."

"Well...let's see..Sunday night I flew in, Monday was the first day of the conference, and then I had a meeting..."

"You were there til Friday. I know."

"Tuesday we had another meeting..Wednesday I had dinner....(thinking...thinking...)"

"You came home on FRIDAY."

"Wednesday I met up with the regional manager, Thursday......"

(I'm rolling my eyes and sighing here)

"Oh yeah. I took a flight out on Thursday night because it was going to snow. You're right. I came home on Friday."

???????????????????????????????????????????????

This is almost the same conversation that I had with those jokers in California:

"How old is Aiden?"

"He's four."

"Are you sure? No way."

"I'm sure. I was just at his FOURTH birthday party."

"Noooooo....hmmmm let's see...he's the same age as Chloe...."

"He's four."

"Well then how come Chloe is six?"

"I don't know why Chloe is six, but I do know that Aiden is four."

"Noooooooo..let's see, at the Sherps wedding, Chloe was like, one and half."

"Yeah! And Jenny was PREGNANT. Aiden is FOUR, GODDAMMIT. I was JUST AT HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY."

"Oh wow, Aiden's only four. You're right."

Assholes- all of you.

4 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

Ah yes, I fondley remember that ONE time... I will now give Britney a listen, watch "rich people can climb too" on Everest, stick my face with in inches of Blue's "happy" smiles, since I've already bumped Oli's head once I'll sit her on a table with a bumbo, give you "your" Judgment Night soundtrack and Congo book.

Oh, and then we can wait for the boat on the Disney dock even though there's a hurricane going on. After all here comes the boat to pick us up...

Hee hee.

Blue Ryder said...

Hey seed, I don't have your 24 dvd either.

onocoffee said...

You don't make a good argument in favor of marriage...

Salud!

Anonymous said...

Oh T .... for the record, I believe Aiden is 4 & S definitely came back on a Friday. I don't really know, but I love it when KATC is wrong .. WRONG WRONG WRONG !

I'm just sayin ..