Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Big Sloppy Puppy

Ryder is growing up so darn fast. Here he is at about 18 months! He's growing so fast that he can't even keep up. He used to be able to crawl around under the dining room table, and then stand up- while still under the table- and walk out without banging his head. He hasn't been able to do that lately. I'll see him under the table, and then all of the sudden, I'll hear a dull "thump", and I'll glance over again, and he'll be rubbing his head. It's like he doesn't understand that he's gotten bigger, and that he needs to compensate and stoop a little lower.

He also used to be able to run around the couch furiously...now, he takes the corners too close when he's running, and then I hear the all-too-familiar "thump". I look at him, and he's rubbing his temples...he's just run into the couch while taking the corner a little too tight. He's like a big, sloppy puppy with big hands and big feet..slobbering and slipping all over the place and getting into trouble.

God, he's cute.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah he is .. and i love & miss him terribly. can't wait to see him so he can play hard to get.

now on to more serious matters .. wonder who he got the big hands and big feet from. *ahem* it's a toss-up really ..

~p

Braving the Arirang said...

I bet he is getting super big!!! I love this time of their lives, where you can just sit back and watch them grow into their bodies, and discover the world around them as they become super mobile. I am super siked about seeing him next weekend!! :-) One of the highlights of my month, honestly. Can't wait to be around so much energy to help me take my mind off of all the other things going on.

Thanks for all the support and the kind words, TL. It's really helping me through this crazy time, I don't know what I'd do without my friends.

Besides, this whole ordeal can be something we sit around(me in my fancy hat or fantastic wig, whichever comes first!) and laugh about in a year, right? :-)