Wednesday, December 26, 2007

He Loves Me..He Loves Me..

Ryder took a tumble tonight- he fell down a flight of steps (I'd guess about 7 or 8 hardwood steps), and got a big old raspberry on his forehead. He bounced right back, and aside from a little whining, nothing is out of the ordinary. We all heard the fall, and V and I presumed that there would be a 50/50 chance that it would be either Iz or Ryder. It was Ryder. We went running to them, and as my husband is scooping him up off of the floor, I'm moving his hair from side to side looking for any open wounds. He's all good, but- now's a good time to probably take him home for bed. We say our goodbyes to those visiting from Cali...made P cry a little...and head home.

I guess all the adrenaline and the sadness of P and A leaving hit me all at once, because as I'm sitting in the backseat of the car with Ryder, with my head right next to him on the car seat, the tears start to really fall. I mean, I was tearing before, but now they just flowed. I kept looking at my son with the light of the street lamps flying by, thinking about how much worse it could have been, and how lucky lucky lucky I am to have him. Not just today, but every day. And as I'm caught up in my own little moment thinking about him and staring at him, he looked at me, and must have seen the tears in my eyes, cause I swear....he touched my face with his little hands and played with my tears. And he wiped them away.

And it's with that, that I know that he loves me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's clear he loves you even in your daily interactions. You've got a truly, truly sweet boy .. and I'm sad to leave him. I'm sad to leave you. We'll miss you all dearly ... and you know we love you. Til next time ...

later days ...

P&A
*tear*

Braving the Arirang said...

It's way more than obvious that he loves you, TL. From the first time I saw him after a long time and he ran between you and the freakishly tall husband and nestled into your arms and chest - to watching him cling, and hug, and randomly kiss you the last time I was there... your child is filled with full adoration and love for his absolutely awesome mother!!