Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Soundtrack...

So, the Man in the Basement and I have been furiously and lovingly working on something (we've been working on it randomly since 2005). We're not sure yet if it's for you, or for our own amusement. I'm thinking its purely for our own amusement, cause some of you may not have any interest in this:



Well, I can tell you that the Man in the Basement probably doesn't have any interest in it either, and he's probably gagging at the thought of me following one of his well appointed songs with Xanadu. But I can't help it. WHY WHY WHY?? Eh. Maybe it's the nostalgic barrettes in her hair at the end. I had a ton of those. Not to mention the leg warmers.

And come on dude. Who didn't LOVE to go rollerskating??

1 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

That's when the movie took a left turn. Hee hee. That movie does have a great soundtrack though. Still can't believe I use to watch that movie day and night. Just ask my Sis. Now... this is a better use for it. I do love the way the guys on the floor pose after the roller skater jumps 'em. Classic.


Olivia Newton John was one of my early crushes. Man she's hot. It was her then I moved onto the redhead from Goonies. Oh and the moment Ripley slipped into the Space suit at the end of Alien. Hee hee.


As for our wonderful little soundscape of a soundtrack, if there are 2 songs that show us our different perspectives and personalities it's "Xanadu" and the song I put next to it.


"I dove into that freezing sea
With the parasite attached to me
I had hoped the salt below
Would divorce what was wed above"

Then later on in the song.

"But we weren't welcome
The sea made that clear
By filling us with saline
And sailing us blue blue back into
The atmosphere

You choked as you surfaced, tangled in seaweed"

Of course you have to hear the song to put it all in context. =)