Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Been a While...

Since my last post. It's been a while in "Blue Ryder" terms anyway. I have to say that the reason is because creativity is banging against the insides of brain, and sometimes I feel like it's seeping out of my ears. I'm so excited about what were about to do. We've got a lot of work to do....and it sort of sucks cause all I want to do is just take pictures. I just want to shoot. I want to take amazing pictures, and even add in some design elements to them, and hope that they stand out from the rest of the saturated photography world. But alas, to start a business you need to....well..manage the business side of things. I'd rather shoot.

But we're gonna roll up the sleeves and do it. I think we have a great concept, and I think that we can deliver wonderful images with more practice. Practice with shooting with natural light, practice with shooting with external flashes, practice with shooting against a white backdrop, practice shooting in the dark. Take pictures of bands, and babies. Bands and babies. Jonas and Luna.

I read somewhere that you can never be the best. But always, always- strive to be just better. I used to always say that to myself, "But I want to be the BEST at something. I want to be the subject matter expert". Well, you can be. But I'm in full agreement that I'd rather be BETTER, and not the BEST. This will just drive me to keep learning, attend seminars, learn the business, learn to market, and how to make the best image coupled with design. Everyone can take pictures with a camera...especially with cameras out there that are within reach of any happy consumer. What's going to make our images stand out? I don't know...we'll see. Images and design. God, just like my partner in crime is shaking over the delivery of his new super machine, I'm shaking just thinking about all I'm about to learn. With my new computer myself, our new business, our creative ideas.....everything.

I'm just so damn excited.

6 comments:

Harry Bundles said...

With what I have seen so far, you are off to a great start with photography. Not sure what the "business" is, but if it involves taking pictures, you should be able to do well, and if I need to find a photographer for a web client I will recommend you first.

@margeemateo said...

i dunno if ur StatCounter was recording my visits but i keep on dropping by and fall silent.

i dunno what to say. im excited for you guys.

plus the welcome to the Mac world banner.

Braving the Arirang said...

I am super excited for you guys. But I told you my ten cents already... :-)

Don't forget to give me some of your cards once you have them printed. I go everywhere, and would love to hand them out to people.

Unknown said...

What's better than fulfilling the dream .. to do something you love & are passionate about .. and to do it well. You're both talented & creative in your own rights ... it's impressive really. Your pictures speak for themselves .. they tell the story.

And on the business side of things, I cannot be prouder of you 2 and truly believe in you both. Hurray Jonas and Luna ! = )

Blue Ryder said...

You guys are all awesome, and honestly we couldn't have done it without all of you, and the constant encouragement...you're the best!!!

CapitolSwell said...

Hey how do we see the blog?