Thursday, January 4, 2007

Ground Control....Come in...Over?

My god.

I have no idea what just happened in the last two weeks. I finally made it back to work today after a looonnngg hiatus, and I feel as though I've been on the moon. Ever get that feeling? Where you've got to come down out of the clouds and return to earth? I usually get that way after something big happens, and all the gals are in town. The last time I felt this way was after AK's wedding.

Well, the tinsel has settled, and the gifts have been exchanged...the songs have been sung, and the New Year's was rung in with a huge KABAMMM! This included a little bit of Big Papa and several hours of poker. Chief Sherpa A packed up her bags and headed back out west- with her Big Papa (oooohhhh THAT'S his code name from now on), and there I was, rolling on the carpet with M and C, G, and J and E. Ryder bear survived, and so did the freakishly tall husband. But not without a terrible cold, a slight fever, and three plane tickets to Hawaii. Where do I even begin?

Let's start with Chief Sherpa A's best Christmas present to herself, to Big Papa, and lastly to all of us. My god, the girl is pregnant!!! So overwhelming and joyous this occasion is, that I can't begin to describe the feeling of happiness that I have for her. At last- after several years of trying, she's pregnant- after watching her friends blink their eyes when wishing upon a pregnancy- and poof- they're pregnant...now its really happening to her. Some people wait a lifetime for a moment a like this...thankfully, she didn't have to wait that long. Did I just sing a song? And then there is AK. My god, she's pregnant. That's it- the world has stopped spinning, and we're all about to fall off because there is just no more gravity to keep us grounded. Congratulations girls, I'm soo very happy for you, and I'm sooo very happy that I get to sit back and watch you bitches get fat!!!

And then there is Hawaii. What happened there? It was something that shoulda been taken straight out of a reality show.

"IF YOU GO, I'M GOING."

"Oh, I'm going. I've got my credit card right here!"

"Wait, where we gonna stay?"

"Oh oh, we have room, we have room! We're renting a house!"

"OK! Let's go!"

"Buy your tickets then."

"I just DID."

"We're GOING TO HAWAII. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW I'VE BEEN PLANNING TO GO TO HAWAII, and now I'm going for 450 bucks??? HmmmmHmmmmmmHmmmmm."

"KK, we're going to Hawaii. You OK with that?"

"I guess I'm gonna have to be."

"WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII, WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII!!"

And that was that. I'm not sure if Hawaii is ready for us. I mean, really. I'm really just not sure.

And then there was Karaoke! Who knew that Browser Metrics likes to rock out??? And OHHH, I like it when you call me Big Papa! And...Chief Sherpa with Beels...can't pay my beeels pay my telephone beeels pay my automo' beeels.....jesus. And let's talk about The Seed's amazing ability to hold a tune, and sleep on our couch all wrapped up in a blanket while coughing, sneezing, blowing his nose and spreading germs so that me, Ryder, Chief Sherpa, and M can all get sick. Thanks G.

Anywhoo..to those that I didn't get to see this holiday, you were missed.

To those that I will see soon on the shores of Hawaii, cheers.

And to all you other crackheads....I'll see you on the dark side of the moon! Ground Control has not contacted me yet so let's make 2007 CRAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYY!

1 comments:

Chief Sherpa said...

I can't really think of a better way to start off the new year. Thanks for the germs G.