Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just in Time for Quality Television

Ryder is doing great. Today was the best day he's had since last Friday. No fevers, eating like a puppy (he's up to 20 oz. a day- he's usually at 35+), his wet diapers are climbing up, and we don't have to force feed him with syringes. The meds the doc prescribed were the key, and I was almost going to call him today just to tell him how we think he rocks. All is good, just in time for Wednesday night television.

So, our Wednesday night TV line-up really only consisted of the elimination round of American Idol. But first, I ran across America's Next Top Model. I'm a sucker for that show too, and I tuned in because- well, I had an hour to waste before 9pm. This one was a good one. If you're an ANTM fan, you'd know that when you see a "make-over" episode, you're in for a treat. The girls lose their shit when they gotta cut their hair. OOOHHHH the horror. "Jennifer? You ....are......(as she flips over the photo) STILL in the running to becoming America's Next Top Model."

Then, onto American Idol. Jesus. "America voted ladies and gentleman....Sinjaya....you......are.........SAFE."

Hmmmm what to watch now? Ahhhhhh, what's this? The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll? Let's give it a go. People, the quality just keeps getting better and better tonight. I can see Chief Sherpa jumping up and dancing- wishing she was on that stage shaking her booty, desperately pursuing her dream of becoming a hip/hop dancer-singer-stripper. After a half an hour of this show.....I'm hooked. Especially the tag line at the end where they eliminate one of girls (while they're draped in pink, feathery, fluffy boas):

"Sarah......you...will..NOT be one of the Pussy Cat dolls. Will you please hang up your boa?"

BRILLIANT!!! Sign me up for Wednesday night TV programming. Thankfully Ryder is better so I can thoughtfully enjoy all this crap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT watch this show. How could you not?? I mean c'mon, singing, dancing and catty ass chicks. Yeah, I'm hooked too. And T, Stripper?? Where the hell did you get that idea? Whore.

irishflipper said...

Surprisingly enough I don't watch these shows. However, learning that the Chief Sherpa yearns to be a stripper is exactly the kind of thing I read yalls blogs for.

Thanks T, that info will come in handy some day. Glad to see Ryder is feeling better.