Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian!!

Dear Baby Ian,

I can't believe you're one! It makes us all a little sad, but what do we do? You're beautiful, and if you have ANY vibes like your momma, you're going to the rock the world someday. I love love love you, and everything about you. My only wish would be that you were here. Your mom and I got to texting about how far you and she have come in the past year. So, instead of texting back to her to tell her that I know what she's feeling, I pulled up an old blog post about my thoughts on Ryder's first year. HERE it is....

But Ian, you did something for me today too. You made me remember what it was about blogging that I so enjoyed to begin with. I thought about not posting for a while... Go under the radar, so to speak- to hide my thoughts, actions, words, and pictures....But going through old posts to find the one for you, made me realize that I've left a piece of me here. It's far better than a journal because not only is it a piece of me, but a little something from all of us- through all of the comments, and jabs from the buddies.. through the Fat War...through Ryder's issues of being sick, to our vacations and birthdays, to my dad and heart surgery, to my miscarriages, and to the evolution of my photos..its all here. The last two years of our lives. Why would I want to stop something so wonderful over something so stupid? Thank you, Ian, for making me see the more important things in this world, like...LIFE. Thank you for making your momma sooo happy after all her attempts at having you...thank you for being such a great baby, so much so that your mom probably wonders why I was such a freak with your cousin.

You, and all the other beautiful kids in this world are reasons we are all here. Put all of that aside, and all we have is some cool baby gear. Which ain't bad either, but- you know what I'm sayin. One day you'll really get to know who I am. And I can't wait!! (Don't listen to anything that your mom tells you.  She's fuckin nuts.) And I really can't wait til I can really sit and talk with you. Actually I CAN wait. We'll all wait together, just to slow down the time that is just flying by.

Happy Birthday Ian.
I love love love love you,
The Coolest GodMomma Ever,

Me

PS- I sadly do not have any recent pictures of Ian...but thanks to P, you can go 
HERE to see some birthday pics...

13 comments:

Slowburn said...

Here, here... kids. who'd a thunk? They're pretty cool. I like them so much I'm making another. A, why aren't our sons growing up together right now?? oh yeah, because you're a jerk. They're so close in age. Imagine them at 16! Actually, maybe you should stay out there... :)

*Til, our gear is pretty cool!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ian!! Wish we could be out there to celebrate with you! Miss you so much.
Xoxo- aunt v

Unknown said...

oops. Don't know what happened there.

Blue Ryder said...

Awww, Ness really loves the BABY!!

Chief Sherpa said...

ughh..him turning 1 was soo bittersweet. Don't know if it's hormonal or what but I was in tears at least 4 times yesterday thinking bout how big he is now. Slowburn, you're right, they should be growing up together and we're really working on it. Jesus, Ian and Dylan at 16....whooo.
Ness! Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Hopefully Olivia can give him kisses too next time they see each other. How cute!!
Oh, and BR - I'M FUCKIN NUTS?? Who needs to get their boy in bed by 8 or he'll turn into a pumpkin?? Really, I can't wait for you both to know each other so Ian can tell me how nuts you are too. :)

Chief Sherpa said...

ooh and a shout out to P and Chipmunk for all the cute pictures!!! I really do love you guys! (Eww, who AM I right now?)

Blue Ryder said...

Who lets their chubby kids crawl around in a public water fountain so that he can get shot right between the eyes, or IN the eyes with nasty water? He COULD DROWN! You know you can drown in 3 tablespoons of water, don't you?

You can thank the Goetz for that one.

Unknown said...

Kids are supposed to be dirty. This is the time to crawl around in dirty fountain water b/c when you're old like us ppl look at you funny. Oh, and your bones are too brittle so you'll break if you crawl ... and if you're the chipmunk, you're asleep by 9pm.

Anyhoo .. HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, MINIMENCH !
WE ALL LOVE YOU !

Blue Ryder said...

Yeah. Heh. Come to think about it, is this how the Sherp gets pink eye??? By rolling around in public fountains that shoots water between/in the eyes?

One Little Seedling said...

It's Britney bitch.

m said...

exsqueez me, it's ONE tablespoon of water. and you can thank ME.

of course it's all a buncha ba-lon-ee.