Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Competition Analysis - by the Freakishly Tall Husband

The Chipmunk lost 2.64% of his body weight in a week. He obtained a huge TFL because he’s been working out for only a week. His number is impressive and I think it’s got the rest of the competitors worried. But look at a few of the people who have been working out much longer.



  • The Seed – Lost just shy of 5% of his body weight in his 5th week of working out. TFL increased 242%! That’s a ridiculous change…he’s the one everyone should be watching out for.

  • Sassy – Lost just under 2% of her body weight this week. TFL increased 51% in her 7th week working out. Those numbers are really impressive considering she’s been working out for so long.

  • P – TFL increased 57% in a week.

  • BR – She hit a plateau this week and didn’t lose any more weight. Her TFL dropped by almost 15%.

  • Sherpa – Despite her 8 hour workouts, personal trainer, 300 calorie a day schedule, her TFL dropped either 7% or 25% (depends on which of her initial TFL calculations was correct).

    (I’m missing total time spent working out for most of you though, so my analyses aren’t very complete.)

This competition is still wide open. Chipmunk will most likely peak after that large first week weight loss. If he loses no more weight this week, his TFL drops in half! That would put him in third place in the current standings. Having just started out, he can post huge numbers, but they can drop just as fast.

I expect the Seed to slow his climb as well based on his huge number this week, but since he’s been working out longer, his TFL won’t be affected as much.


And I think there are a few people midpack who might just throw a few surprises into this competition. I’m not ready to place my bet on a winner yet. This competition still feels pretty wide open to me.

12 comments:

ATChipmunk said...

Yes, yes, yes...keep at it people! Great work so far everyone. It's all pretty remarkable actually. I too am looking forward to seeing the cumulative total weight loss of all the "competitors". Should be quite impressive in the end.

Eyes on the prize everyone. Like they say, It ain't over till it's over...

One Little Seedling said...

I don't know. I just pounded a couple beers with my cousin "The War Vet". I'm drunk and a little aloof. So I think this set me back. =)

But like this link I will attack whatever is dished my way.

Blue Ryder said...

"Started talkin shit, wouldn'tcha know..I reached back like a pimp and I slapped the ho...."

One Little Seedling said...

Coming from the fat ass who's where? Oh yeah... in 4th fuck'n place.

GO FOR IT FATTY!!!!

Blue Ryder said...

Belligerent drunk ass...DRINK MORE! Keep drinking keep drinking and we'll see how far you fall!!

One Little Seedling said...

I'm jogging now while chugging this pint. Eat that shit and take it to the bank.... FAT ASS!

Blue Ryder said...

Jesus.

One Little Seedling said...

If Chipmunk is already having trouble losing weight what does that say for the people more than 6 weeks in?

I'm just say'n.

Oh and I'm eating a can of Macadamia nuts right now.

Hee hee. Can't wait to finish that book BR. I also have to say it is worth picking up. Although I haven't finished it yet, it is a damn good read. Just ah sayiiiiin!


I'm buzzed with an open can of Macadamia nuts... can't be good for competition.

One Little Seedling said...

Awake and ready to jog now

One Little Seedling said...

Alright, since everyone is freaking out on the invisible marker here's my layout:

I started at 166 and I am shooting for 146. In the total 9 weeks that I would have worked out, that will put me at 1.34.That's my marker.

I was trying to just lose 5 pounds a week to get there but I over shot it last week and lost 9 pounds. Which is obviously good for me. Since the start I already lost 12 pounds. So now all I have to do is lose 2 pounds a week to get to my marker. But I need to factor Chipmunk in so I may aim for 3 pounds a week and see what happens.

So that's it plain and simple. Calculate your all your weeks and see what average you come up with and see how much weight is needed to be shed, if possible. Either way ATTACK those goals and hit those marks.

See ya at the finish line.

Oh yeah and one more thing skip to the 54 sec mark

m said...

"i keep gettin older... but girls stay the saaaaaame age."

One Little Seedling said...

"Behind every good man, there's a good woman. And that woman is Martha Washington... Every night she'd pack a bowl for him. She was one hip, hip lady"