Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's On!

After careful consideration this weekend (over lots of shots), the FAT WAR rules are as follows:

1. Total Fat Loss (TFL) will be measured in % of weight loss, divided by total time that you have been working out. For example: If you originally weighed 100 pounds, and have lost 10 pounds in three months, your TFL would be 3.33% ((10/100)/3).

2. I need a starting point to which you'll be measured. For example: I started working out on 1/21/08- giving me 7 weeks to today 3/10/08.

3. I need a percent lost to this point. For example: I lost 7 pounds total since I started, so I lost 5.0% of FAT. (We've decided not to bother posting weight- no need to embarrass ourselves).

4. Weigh yourself on Mondays. Get your info to me by Tuesday night, and I'll do weekly postings of TFL on Wednesdays (after I get my husband to do an excel spreadsheet for us). This way you can see your ranking every week. And then not eat the rest of the week and do yoga in a sweat tent to get where you need to/want to be.

5. The end date, and the final weigh in will be Monday, April 21st (my freakishly tall husband's birthday). That means you have 6 weeks to total hotness, and 6 weeks to get greasy and oiled up for Beefcake's Mrs. Universe show down. Oh, and her wedding, of course.

6. If you don't know your exact original weight, and exact starting date of when you started working out, then you'll have to estimate HONESTLY.

7. The Big Win: The more people who participate, the bigger the win. Everyone OK with smacking down 20 bucks for the winner? If not, gimme an alternative- I'm up for suggestions. But clearly, we gotta make this competitive.

8. And, a final note. This is all for our own good. It's time.

Alrighty then! HAVE A GOOD WORKOUT! And Good Luck!

1 comments:

Braving the Arirang said...

What a great way to get in shape for Beefcake's wedding. Competition always makes things more interesting. Good luck every body!! Kick some ass!