Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Ludovician Swims After Me as I Run.....

The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall has been on my mind since I picked it up on this day last week. I flew through all 428 pages in 5 days. I couldn't put it down, I couldn't stop reading. It's not the type of book I usually go for, and in fact, I'd almost say that it's a Man book. It's not fluffy, or touchy feeling in a feminine way (although it IS touchy feely), and it's sorta technical, in a manly man way. I dug it. That's all I'm going to say about it, because The Seed is reading it now too- and I don't want to give anything away for him. But if any of you are looking for a mind-fuck of a read- a read that's fast, crazy, and different, this book is for you. OR, you could wait til that long plane ride to Europe. This is IT. This could be the first book in the Blue Ryder Book Club. Because this a book that I NEED to discuss with someone.

With that said, I'd like to turn the focus of this post on to our FAT WAR. Based on all the comments posted from the new Fat War standings, is it safe to say that everyone freakin QUIT? What a bunch of jokers!! Bring on the butter?? What a bunch of pansies!! I know that there is a possibility that those who've been working out longer won't win...but, just imagine how hot you'll all look regardless!!! We ALL WIN!! Think of all the baby fat, or just plain old fat, that will melt away with each hour at the gym. Imagine yourself being sooooo in shape that you can run a 5K, or a 10K, effortlessly (or not so effortlessly if a Ludovician is swimming after your big ass), and feel sooo damn proud of yourself for slowly building the framework for long term fitness? Also, if everyone quit, what does that mean for the Chipmunk? Ahem- the CLEAR winner so far. All he gets is a measly two dollars from me, cause everyone quit? BOHRING.

You also must consider- for those of you who have hit a plateau, or are scared of hitting a plateau, time to switch it up a bit, you know? This means that, Browser- instead of riding your bike, start running. This means that I, instead of running, should hop on a bike (my secret weapon in the last week of the competition- damn, not so secret anymore). You'll see the pounds drop off again, and when you hit yet another plateau, head to the weights. Or swimming, or rowing, or all of the above, and then yoga. I'm just sayin that there are more ways than one to skin a cat (for example- using a shotgun instead of poison). Anyway, keep on going girls and boys...because I'd love to see the collective number of pounds lost at the end of the competition....like, did we lose so much weight collectively that we made another Sherpa???

And definitely, by all means, regardless- BRING on the oil. There will be Blue Ryder approved swim wear for the men involved. Nothing but Speedos. I think that in itself will make this effort all the more satisfying. I think. That REALLY could backfire as well. But, I guess we'll take that issue head on as it comes.

Whatdoyasay??? Who's with me??

15 comments:

sassypants said...

Well I think I speak for everyone when I say we are still going to continue on our mission to get HOT! However this impossible competition is going to kill all of us who are trying to win...Al and Polly have stopped eating, Anna is doing 5 hours of cardio a day and I'm on the verge of taking diet pills all to "win" a competition that is un-winable (if that's a word) I think that's all that we're saying. We love the idea of getting in amazing shape, we even like the idea of friendly competition, just don't want to kill ourselves in the process, which we are all clearly on our way to doing. Plus it's not very motivating when you know your name will be at the end of the list no matter what you do or how much weight you loose...just straight depressing. That's my 2 cents! Love- Sassy Pants

Blue Ryder said...

But, Dear Sassy Pants- if it's so IMPOSSIBLE, why aren't I down at the bottom with you?? Chew on THAT...=) We started at the same time, a LONG time ago...

And yes, don't worry- I'm in full agreement that we're all talk as far as doing this an unhealthy way. Everyone is eating.. except for the Sherpa, but- actually she's eaten a cheeseburger recently, and so have I. Don't fret.

But, if you want me to take you off, I will. Just say the word. Spell it out for me. Say it. Say, "I quit". And poof, you'll be off. =)

One Little Seedling said...

You sound like Tom Cruise.

I think we should set goals for everyone and help each other get there. That way we can include "R" and "Tall Husband". They could be on the weight gain program and have to reach goals lifting weights and stuff.

Then for us losing weight we could set realistic goals and how we want to look. Tone here lose that kind of thing. Just help each other reacg Italian hotness. Browser could need encouragement on stamina or lower back support for biking.

I don't know... something fun and something we push ourselves in and not based on some other persons body type. Personal goals and what not.

But what evs. I'm here to beat the system for whomever sticks around. If Al and Polly still want to play, I just may have to destroy my body to the end. =)


Can't wait to read these comments in a year. It'll be pretty damn funny.

Unknown said...

Oh, don't get my wrong, I'm still gonna work my ass off. I'm just merely saying that based on my numbers and the equation I can't win. Don't take me off the list. I'll still going to put my money in. I made the bet and I lost. But, I'm still very happy with outcome. I hope you didn't feel offended with all the past comments Blueryder. We didn't intend to make you upset. Love V

Blue Ryder said...

oh my god, I'm sooooooooo sooooooooo sooooooooo not upset!!!!!! You guys think I'm upset? I think I have to change my writing style.

m said...

yeah BR shut the hell up and quit making us feel bad! LOL. clearly we're all still in it. we're just sad that we've been working so hard and are still at the bottom of the charts.

i'm with sassy pants -- i started like 10 weeks ago and i've only lost like 12 lbs (dammit i hate scales). i think one thing working against me is that i've been doing weights all these 10 weeks. is that my downfall? but you're SUPPOSED to do weights -- it raises your resting metabolic rate so that you still burn calories at rest! arrrghhh.

i'm torn between the fact that i actually feel pretty great -- more energy, clothes fit better, i can actually close my skinny jeans -- and the fact that i'm LOSING THIS GAME. i HATE LOSING. you all know that. i'm a stupid baby like that. but i guess i, like VV, will suck it up and give up my $20. i SUPPOSE it's worth it.


really you all should let me win cuz i hafta wear WHITE. arrggghhhh white. all fat rolls show with white.

Blue Ryder said...

Whatbunchacrybabies. I don't think it's impossible to win. I just hafta say. It won't be EASY, but it's not impossible. Pull up the panties girls. Take down your pants, actually, and shake that ass. Let's do this. And no special treatment cause you gotta wear WHITE. Boo hoo. In fact, why don't we ALL wear white??

Chief Sherpa said...

ohh by no means am I quitting. I, like M really, really hate losing. I was just frustrated cause I starved myself and didn't lose a godamn pound. I musta been sleepwalking to the kitchen and gorging myself in my sleep. Thats the only way I can explain this. Really, next time we do this, I say bust out the calipers and take before and after shots to be totally accurate.

Braving the Arirang said...

HA! Good looking out BR, what better way to end such a competition but seeing all the men oiled, and in Speedos down a catwalk like set-up?

sassypants said...

DEAR BR- You may not be DOWN with me, however you WILL NEVER EVER WIN, and why you might ask? Because the calculation DOESN'T WORK! That's all I'm saying! I'm simply saying that I'm not expecting to win AT ALL, not because I'm not going to try, or I'm bailing, but because it's LITERALLY impossible, that's all. Just stating the facts. I understand it's very hard to admit that your system has a flaw you are a Leo after all.
Love- Super Sassy Pants <3

m said...

yeah! what she said!

Blue Ryder said...

Ohh Jesus.

I think (unfortunately for you) I've changed my tune on the calculations being impossible. There comes a point to which it becomes impossible, but I'm mathmatically not there yet. I'm still in 4th. I could concievably still win. Not too bad of a standing considering that I've been working out for a long time too. And really, when you get to mid pack (you, VV, Beefcake, the German), you guys are only off by a little. Like 10ths. And, I didn't take any diet pills, or starved myself, or did nothing of the sort to get where I am (fourth in seven weeks). The Chipmunk could hit a slump, so could P. the Sherpa already has...its not impossible for me to win just yet. Maybe that's why I'm staying so positive. We have a month left. It will be VERY interesting.

And, I've lost 4 pounds in a week, and then lost nothing in the following weeks, so...it still makes sense for me not to stop what I'm doing. Because whatever it is that I'm doing, I'm doing good.

I'm sorry, its NOT my system Sassy Pants, its the freakishly tall husbands. And you know I'd love for THAT to fail! LOL. But seriously- I'm not out yet. YOU however, being in dead last, are. Ohhhh good times =)

AND YOU! BEEFCAKEIDON'TWANNAWEARWHITE! This was your idea too! Your's and FTH's....I had nothing to do with these numbers, but you and FTH are the ones who decided it would be time over % of weight lost. I simply wanted to straight up post weight.

m said...

blah blah.

m said...

i'm hungry.

One Little Seedling said...

"M", that's the winning comment on this hole debacle. Hee hee.

I ate a can of Macadamias last night.