Wednesday, March 5, 2008

At War with our Fatness

In the last six weeks, I've lost 7 pounds. I did lose 9 at one point, but after Ryder's birthday weekend, I went back up two pounds. I'm only saying this because we've all wanted some friendly competition, and upon being urged by the Sherpa, and Sassy Pants, and the Man in the Basement, we've decided that we're going to do our own Biggest Loser Contest.

I'm still trying to work out all of the details. Anyone else is urged to join us, and Beefcake certainly comes to mind- seeing as how this is all her fault in the first place- I mean, planning a wedding in Italy will throw everyone into a weight loss tizzy. I'm still not sure how to go about it, like- should it just be over time? And, the best part- what will the biggest loser win? And how will we prove that the Sherpa isn't cheating?

I can tell you this though- over the last six weeks, running has become an old friend. I love the feeling, and I've missed it. I'm definitely glad to be taking care of myself again. There is nothing like the feeling of smooth, sometimes nearly effortless running because all of the endorphins are pushing you through that last minute, that last quarter mile. I love the mental aspect of it, and I love the feeling of accomplishment. It didn't start out that way, hell no. It took me six weeks to get here. I remember going to the gym for the first time in two years...standing on that god forsaken gym scale (which weighs you more heavily by adding four extra pounds than your home scale) and nearly fainting of the grossness that was my fat. I remember cussing to the chipper front desk clerk when she checked my ID card and said, "have a good work out". I was all, "blow it out your sidehole".

But I've never felt better. And you can too! So, my questions are- if we're going to do this, you have to post your weight. And, you have to be honest....(this means YOU Sherp). And, we'll have to decide on the weigh in day. And over how long? And does this exclude me, cause I've been tasked to organize this, and come up with the prize for the winner? Or should we all go in for the prize for the winner? Anywho, email me or post your thoughts. Let's get this started.

Italian hotties are waiting (for the Man in the Basement).

13 comments:

SoNSo1 said...

As John McClane said, "Welcome to the party, pal!" I'm down 10 since the start of the year, but its getting harder and harder.

Doing this because cycling season is coming up.

I'm not waiting for you guys to catch up!

One Little Seedling said...

You may look in the mirror and think "I'm fat". But when I look in the mirror I think "I'm hot".

So I win. Game over.

But as Browser stated it's hard for those that already lost weight. I was 172 in Jan now I'm 160. Funny thing is even with that weight loss I'm still fat... but sexy. That's what the mirror told me.

One Little Seedling said...

Hey look it's that "gerardo" dude again. What a tard.

Slowburn said...

For the boys, sometimes it's more about fat % lost than actual weight... remember our friend muscle weighs more than fat! That being said, I'm down from 200 to 195 but the large lumps of fat on my obliques are rapidly melting away...

One Little Seedling said...

Is that what the "fat" people say Ken. Like "I'm just big boned". =)

It looks like we may have a competition! We can see who gets the most toned. Then we can oil up and have a show down! Blue Ryder could live blog the event.

Or would that be weird?

Chief Sherpa said...

Ooh Ooh!! That wouldn't be weird AT ALL! I wanna see beefcake do all her cool bodybuilding poses.

One Little Seedling said...

Extra points if she does it with a piece of pork hanging out her mouth.

m said...

I'm totally in. How about instead of posting our actual weight, we instead do # of lbs lost or % of body weight lost? Let's say, from Jan 1 cuz that's when I know most of us got our arses in gear?

Grease me up, baby, I'm ready for the pose-off. Pork or no pork. Can't you hear me slapping my thigh pre-flex as we speak?

One Little Seedling said...

The poses aren't as funny when your tone. But what is funny is imagining you in your office with the door closed prancing around like it's Mr. Universe 2008. Hee hee. GO M!

m said...

yes. beefcake rocks.

Unknown said...

ooh m - you could be our very own naser azmanbati !!

ok .. so i'm in .. god knows i've got TOOOOOOONS of "sexy" that I can part with !! and i'm definitely more for listing #s lost. already started pilates & eating healthier .. now we just need to throw in more cardio & less food. SEXY HERE WE COME DAMNIT !!

ATChipmunk said...

Hmm...maybe I should join you guys and lose some weight before Italy. Cause lord knows i'll be packing it all back on and then some once we get to Europe! Can't wait for the FOOD!
Ahh....spoken like a true fat camp member...

Really though...trying to get a little back in shape instead of being A shape (round). Gary being here is helping a little since we started up a little weekly sparring session. Nothing like getting your ass kicked once a week to burn off the pounds...

BR...don't know how you do the whole running thing. I despise running like the plague. Would rather get kicked in the nuts...

And wasn't it Nasser WantsMyBody or Nasser ImSomebody? LOL

m said...

i think it was nasser ithinkimsomebodybutreallyimjustafigmentofmichelleslittlesistersimagination.

skinniness, here we come!