Sunday, August 3, 2008

Straight Up d700...



So I did it! I dropped a load, and bought the d700. We went out to do test shots with it today, and you can check them all out on Flickr. This camera is IT for me. It's nice to be able to play with the ISO and white balance so easily, and the image quality is substantially better (in my eyes) then that of the d50. What a huge jump for me- and I'm back to square one as far as learning everything that this little (or not so little) baby can do. I didn't use a spit of photoshop in any of these images, so you can only imagine the final product when I'm done. I'm in L.O.V.E. I'm not afraid to shoot in low light anymore! Read: my living room, any nursery, a hospital room (without having to use the pop up flash with a white card over it), the back den in any house, a dimly lit corner table at a wedding...1600 ISO on the d50 was just maxed out. We're talking 6400 ISO with good picture quality to spare. YUMMY!!!

I was also going to call this post 3-2-1...because those are the ages of the little models! It's just unbelievable to me that Izzy is three, Ryder is 2, and Liv is 1. To see them running, jumping, playing, smiling, pushing, shoving, hitting, and fighting is just sooo endearing, I wonder what they'll be like next year...or the year after that...or the year after that. They're beautiful kids, inside and out, and I'm super lucky to be able to watch them all grow right before my eyes...

Enjoy!

d700 Pics on Flickr

12 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

Yup. Now you are free! Hee hee. Still have a couple more dollars to save before I get one. Maybe another month.
Anyways, the pics look wonderful. The shots have a dymentiona; quality to them. They don't look flat cause of the gigantic detail and tonal range. Just wonderful BR! =)

My favorites are this , this and this. You can really see the "pop" from the camera. The shadows are still lush and... well it's awesome. Nice pics BR! I mean look at the pebbles!


Looks like a fun cam. I'm excited for ya.

One Little Seedling said...

Meant to say "dimensional weight" to them.

Unknown said...

Awesome camera BR! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for the cute pics of my kids. The girls passed out yesterday on the ride home. They had so much fun.

m said...

you can see the difference instantly -- pics are GORGEOUS, br.

but more importantly, where can i get me one o' dem tutus?

One Little Seedling said...

Don't know "M", but here's a Tattoo

Chief Sherpa said...

beautiful pics! I'd say, that was a great investment.

@margeemateo said...

i lovey these pictures!

ATChipmunk said...

Daaayyyyuuummm.....F'n BALLER! Congrats on the purchase BR! Your pics definitely make a strong case for having a bigger, badder camera. I'm jealous...:)

Unknown said...

F'N BRILLIANT PICS, TILL !!

sassypants said...

Great pics and camera, but hello, how cute are these kids! Izzy is a total model already, you can tell :) And again, love Ryder's new hair style.

onocoffee said...

good choice.

I've always found that buying just what you want/desire results in pleasure while buying a stopgap/interim measure never satisfies.

keep shooting.

SoNSo1 said...

That's sweet! And pricey! But so much niceness to it. I agree with senor coffee: get what you want, you'll like it better.