Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You're My Best Friend



"When everything is wrong I'll come talk to you
You make things alright when I'm feeling blue

You are such a blessing and I wont be messing
With the one thing that brings light to all of my darkness

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

There is no other one who can take your place
I feel happy inside when I see your face
I hope you believe me
Cause I speak sincerely
and I mean it when I tell you that I need you

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

I'm here right beside you
I will never leave you
and I feel the pain you feel when you start crying

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do
Yes I do...
Yes I do"

I need you to sing this with me!  We'll just close our eyes, and picture all of us together, and rock out.  I'm having surgery tomorrow.  Remember that whole heart shaped uterus thing?  Well, I'm getting rid of it.  No no, not the uterus, just the piece of the heart that is hanging down making my womb an inhospitable place for making babies.  And I'm nervous as all hell.  


The month of August has been crazy.  My day job has been crazy busy with various submissions that needed to go into federal agencies.  Throw in a week trip to Hawaii for a wedding, and then a weekend trip to NYC for M's conference shoot, and now surgery- well, it all has left me beside myself.   Beside myself in a good way, of course.  If I've ever really rocked out, its been this year. And its not even over yet.  It's just August.  I've built Jonas and Luna with the buddy of all buddies, I've gone to Italy and France, and felt love love love everywhere, Ryder got a big boy bed and we got rid of his nightly and morning bottles (FINALLY), Ryder went to NYC,  we saw a beautiful moon and rainbow in Hawaii, I suffocated and squeezed the shit out of my godson, and got harassed by Kevin.  All in all, a good year.  Its funny how a bit of your life flashes before your eyes when you know you're going to be put into a deep, paralyzing, immobile sleep for an hour.  I'm scared.  I need you to sing this song with me.  Will I wake up?  Will I see Ryder's and Scott's sweet faces again?  Will I see yours?  I know I'm being dramatic.  I'm a Leo.  Will we be able to have another baby?  Or will we adopt from Tibet?  

The take home message from this incoherent blog post is this:  Just LIVE.  Just LOVE.  Throw yourself into life and don't stop.  And don't forget to love along the way.   Sing this song with me.  It will make me happy.

6 comments:

@margeemateo said...

awww TL! *hugs!* all's gonna be well. good luck! *hugs more!*

Unknown said...

Jesus Tilly, way to make me emotional in the morning. Take a deep breath and everthing will be okay. We'll be seeing you this weekend. Love you and best of luck.

m said...

i agree with ness -- sheesh. LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUU TILLY. just think babies babies babies... oh and also the shots we'll be doing this weekend to celebrate saying goodbye to the heart-shaped uterus.

Unknown said...

Sheesh you're a nutjobLeo. You're lucky I love you or I'd just have to kick ur arse .. heart-shaped uterus and all. You WILL be fine .. no ifs, ands or buts. I love you and that's that.

Slowburn said...

I hear "heart shaped box" from nirvana...
none of the lyrics are applicable but boy, that title nails it... Anywho, Til, you ain't goin' nowhere! You're stuck here with all of us for a loooong, loooong, looooooooooong time. We shall all be gray (grey) and wrinkled. I wonder who gets the plastic surgery first? (A or "BR"?)
**hugs and sloppy kisses, me.

sassypants said...

I put a 20 on the Sherpa!