Monday, December 11, 2006

Hypothesis Six

Something AK emailed me TODAY...without having talked to me, or seen my blog post from Saturday night:

Hi T,

Well you haven't heard from me because K and I were in a car accident on Thursday evening on our way up to Pittsburgh to watch the football game. It was a bad one. We had to go in an ambulance to the hospital with neck braces and back boards and had to stay over night in the hospital. Luckily we are both fine, a little sore, but the baby is fine so that's all I care about. They did an ultrasound and the baby's heartbeat was fine and he/she was moving and I had no cramping or bleeding. So they said everything looked fine. I have an appt on Wednesday anyway with my doc so...

We were driving on the PA turnpike and it was snowing and out of no where everyone started sliding all over the place- it was like something you would see in a movie I swear. My life flashed before my eyes. It's kind of a long story on how we ended up in the crash, but we ended up getting hit from behind and my car is totaled. I will explain all the details to you later. I'm just sooooooo happy to be alive. We could have died so easily it's crazy to think about. K has some bruises on his head from hitting the steering wheel and is sore in his shoulder/ back area. But we're both getting better with every day. Luckily I wasn't affected too badly. Just a little sore in my neck and lower back. I just can't belive it. It's like people will NOT STOP HITTING ME!

I have been soooo lucky so far that nothing has happened but it just makes me freak out. Anyway, enough rambling. Don't freak out b/c we really are ok. I'm back at work today so you can email me or I'll call you later. I'm going to get a new phone today.

BOY AM I HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!

XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO- AK

I talked to AK breifly today, she mentioned tractor trailers and one person in the accident actually dying. She sounded good, considering the circumstances, but she was basically saying what I had said to myself earlier during the week, that she thought she was living on this earth with borrowed days. So, Hypothesis Six from my post regarding mortality (reasons why I had been dreaming of life going on without me) is this:

I felt a little something (and I stress the word, "little") of what they were feeling because I love them soo much! We were connected in that mind/space continiuum. Proving once again to you non-believers that I am, once and for all, a little bit psychic.


I love you A and K! I'm sooo happy the three of you are alright. We're all going to be sticking around for a long time, damnit- and partying together in wheelchairs.

0 comments: