Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Songs That Make Me Feel Warm and Fuzzy During This Time of Year

This song: "It's Christmas Time...there's no need to be afraid...at Christmas Time, it's hard but when you're having fun..there's no world outside your window, and its a world of dread and fear....".

Means: Visions of 10 little cousins dancing in grandma's basement with leg warmers, barrettes with dangling beads, and purple fluorescent striped shirts with puffy sleeves. This also means Duran Duran buttons on jean jackets. Half of us screaming, "FEEEEED THE WOORRRLLLDD"....and the other half screaming, "LEEET THEM KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS TIME AGAIN".....one little girl dreaming of Simon Lebon, and the other little girl dreaming of John Taylor.

This song: "What can you seeeee???...on the horizon......why do the white galls calllll??? Across the seeaaaaa...a pale moon rises......the ships have come, to carry you hommmmeeeee......."

Means: Seeing the third installment of the LOTR and crying because it was finally over. M and I rushing to Best Buy the next day to buy the CD. It was THIS cold outside, but we we're going to do it, damn it.

This song: "I don't want a lot for Christmas, there's just one thing I need, I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree, I just want you for my own, more than you would ever know, make my dreams come trueeeeee, all I want for Christmasasasasasss...isssshiiiisssssss, YOUUUUUUUUUUU"...

Means: Singing this at the top of my lungs on the phone to M, and The Sherpa. It also means I love "Love Actually", and I can't bear to watch it because it inevitably makes me cry. And of course, it means getting engaged to my freakishly tall husband.

Did I just date myself with that Duran Duran stuff?

Anyway, back to work.

0 comments: